1. Use these rules as a guideline for teams to solve issues on your own before bringing any issues to the commissioner.
2. The rules contained herein are intended to be explanatory in nature. MPBA cannot predict every case that may come up in advance. Additionally, unintended loopholes in the language may exist. If the technical language of a rule doesn’t fit with the intent of the rule, there’s a loophole, or other abusive behavior is occurring, MPBA reserves the right to amend and enforce any and all of its rules retroactively conforming to its intents and in the spirit of fair competition.
Any rules posted on @MPBA2K Twitter under the hashtag #MPBARules are enforceable, in addition to this rules page and the Terms of Service. Any discrepancies in rules will be left to commissioner’s final ruling.
4. The MPBA commissioner will make a determination as to the outcome of any dispute (in his/her sole discretion) and such ruling will be final. By signing up for this Tournament, you accept any and all decisions that the MPBA commissioner makes, regardless of what this rule page states.
5. Teams will match up using Private Matchmaking. Ranked games will not be considered league games.
6. Only Private Matchmaking games found in the MPBA server or otherwise agreed to will count as league games. Random ranked games will not count towards league record.
7. If you or anyone on your team gets a game from the MPBA server it will count regardless of if you put pickups in your team name.
8. You must play on the court with your registered team name and logos. Every team name must have “MPBA” before or after the name.
9. MPBA has no rule for which server regular season games should be played on. We encourage each team to practice some on each server to prepare for the playoffs.
10. Solving playoff/tournament server host disputes:
o All MPBA playoff/tournament games will alternate if both teams are on North American servers. Higher seed will always have the option to host Game 1, lower seed Game 2, and so on until the final game of the series.
o The final game of the series host option will be based on point differential.
§ Example for a Best of 3:
§ Game 1: Team A (higher seed) hosts and wins 78-70 (+8 to Team A).
§ Game 2: Team B (lower seed) hosts and wins 87-70 (+17 to Team B).
§ Game 3: Team B [has higher point differential (+9)] hosts Game 3.
§ Tie in point differential will favor the higher seed.
o If a team quits a tournament/playoff game early, they will net -50 points. The max point differential if quitting early will be 50, the 50 will not be added on top of the current difference.
§ Example: Team A (higher seed) hosts and is winning 78-58 with 3 minutes to play and all 5 players from Team B quits. That will be a total of +50 point differential in favor of Team A.
§ All 5 players must quit for this rule to apply. If a single player remains in the game the team that is winning should remain in the game.
o If there is a dispute on server, commissioner’s ruling will be final regardless of what these rules state.
o MPBA recommends as a strategy to designate at least one player to remain in the game until the game clock strikes zero to avoid any mishaps and grab the screen shot.
o Note central and eastern time zones are east server; mountain and western time zones are west server.
11. If a player lags out before tip off it is an automatic restart. Quit the game and contact the opposing team to match up again
12. The following rules apply ONLY to lag outs or other unforced 2K related errors. If you choose to quit out of a game in a tournament or playoff situation it may be a forfeit.
13. If a player lags out while winning and the entire rest of his team immediately quits, that will be a replay in the regular season. If any player on your team keeps playing after a teammate lags out before quitting it will be a loss. “Immediate” is defined as under 30 seconds.
14. During regular season, spreads will not be enforced. If a player lags out you must play it out. If a team is consistently having players lag out against them (indicating a time out glitch is being used), appropriate action will be taken, including possible expulsion from the league with no refund. This will ultimately be the commissioners decision.
o Teams may mutually agree to take a spread. However, if they do, DO NOT submit more than one screen shot. Only one screen shot per game should be submitted during the regular season.
o It is recommended common sense is used. If a lag out occurs in the 1st quarter of a game and it’s not a 10+ point game, the game should be restarted and the game will not count. Ex: You are up 7-2 in the first quarter and someone lags out. That will not count. Ultimate decision on if a game counts is the commissioners.
o MPBA values teams that work things out on their own and decide things on the court. Teams should not consistently try to get free wins or try to exploit the rules to get a restart. Remember, these players and teams develop a poor reputation in the competitive community over time. If you are really Comp, you don’t do these things. The MPBA commissioner reserves any and all rights to make a unilateral decision on if a regular season game result counts after being presented with the evidence.
o During the playoffs or during tournaments, if a lag out occurs you may be required to restart the game and play the time remaining with the same score differential at the time of the lag out.
§ Example: Team A is up 78-70 with the ball on Team B with four minutes remaining. Team B lags out. Team A and B must play the first four minutes of a new game, with Team A winning the tip and given a +8 advantage. (Round to nearest minute).
§ Do not count points to the spread that occur after the first player has quit/lagged out.
§ The team with a lag out must immediately quit as described above for this rule to apply.
§ This rule applies to the time out glitch and all lag outs. If a team is suspected to be repeatedly abusing this rule, MPBA reserves the right to not grant that team spreads and disqualify them. Final decision is commissioners. Teams are strongly encouraged to work it out themselves.
o No player may switch builds during a same spread game. You must restart game with the original arch types.
15. All games must be streamed on the registered Twitch account(s) and must have MPBA in the title. All games must be archived in the event MPBA administrators need to review game play.
· MPBA reserves the streaming rights to all MPBA league finals games. Should MPBA exercise its right to be the only live stream, that team’s designated streamer will receive $100 compensation. This right may be exercised or not exercised at MPBA’s sole discretion. Failure for the whole team to comply will result in a forfeiture of the season with no refund.
· Should MPBA not exercise its rights to stream, the streamer will be required to edit the Twitch overlay in any way MPBA deems necessary, including adding the MPBA logo to the Twitch overlay for the entirety of the stream plus any sponsor logos should that be requested. Further, the stream title must be appropriately labeled and include MPBA. The MPBA logo must be inside both three point lines and the court must be decorated to attractive specifications and submitted to MPBA for approval.
· By agreeing to the rules/terms of service, you are granting MPBA the right to download and use all unedited and archived gameplay footage from MPBA games for any and all purposes. The intent is for VOD and highlight videos.
o Teams must remove any and all content related to MPBA events, including but not limited to streams, clips, and graphics if requested by MPBA for any reason without warning or explanation.
o MPBA has the right, but not the obligation, to host or promote streams of game play and can opt against doing so for any reason without warning or explanation.
2. Every team must have a representative for their team in the league’s Captain Chat. The Captain Chat will be on Discord
3. The Competition Committee is a council of volunteer MPBA players which discuss and debate necessary rules to ensure fair and competitive play in the community. No member of the Competition Committee is on MPBA staff.
o Game altering glitches and exploits are prohibited on a case by case basis as they become known to the staff and after a review by the MPBA Competition Committee to determine the fairness and enforce-ability of the game abuse. Such additional game play rules will be announced on @MPBAProAmLeague twitter with the #MPBARules and may be introduced in the middle of the season if warranted by the Competition Committee.
o Current rules are as follows:
§ Utilizing between the legs “dribble exploit” 3 or more times consecutively with any Moving Crossover Signature Style will be considered a violation. The punishment will be handled on a case by case basis. A forfeit will generally only be awarded if the exploit is deemed to have impacted the game result. Video proof required and you must finish the game to protest the result. Commissioner ruling is final.
§ The badge Heart Crusher is currently banned and should not be equipped at any level. The punishment will be handled on a case by case basis. A forfeit will generally only be awarded if the exploit is deemed to have impacted the game result. Video proof required and you must finish the game to protest the result. Commissioner ruling is final.
4. If a team begins a game knowing the opponent is in violation of any league rule, that team is automatically accepting the results of that game.
5. The burden of proof for rules violations lies with the captains (video, audio, time stamped screen shots). MPBA is not required to track down proof itself and will not take a captain’s word for it.
6. To send a dispute of a game result or report incorrectly recorded games, visit http://2k21pre.MPBA-league.com/support. MPBA will not make any decisions or accept any proof of disputes on the Twitter timeline or via direct messages.
7. By participating in any MPBA event you are agreeing to not defame MPBA on any form of social media, news outlet or otherwise. We will respond to concerns in DM’s, the ticket support system, or email NOT public social media.
8. By participating in MPBA you agree to not harass players for any reason including but not limited to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
9. Before submitting any violations, please have carefully reviewed the rules to ensure it is actually a violation. Repeatedly submitting fake violations will result in removal of your team from the league with no refund.
o 1st violation of above rules will result in a warning or forfeit. The 2nd violation will result in removal from the league NO REFUND will be given.
o MPBA reserves the right to modify punishments as it sees fit. Punishments range from fines to suspension and are determined on a case by case basis.
o All infractions against the terms of service or this rules page will result in a strike against the captain and/or player involved over the course of their lifetime participation in MPBA. Three strikes will result in a suspension or ban from the league at the discretion the Commissioner. A brand, captain or player must play a full season without a strike to get a strike removed from their lifetime participation. MPBA reserves the right to revise any punishment as it sees fit on a case by case basis.
Exclusive Broadcasting Rules and Guidelines
UPA and all its affiliated leagues reserve the streaming rights to all finals games. Should UPA exercise its right to be the only live stream, that team’s designated streamer will receive $100 compensation. This right may be exercised or not exercised at UPA’s sole discretion. Failure for the whole team to comply will result in a forfeiture of the season with no refund.
No player, coach, GM, sponsor or team representative may broadcast gameplay except to a designated source accessible by UPA and its affiliates.
No player, coach, GM, sponsor or team representative may re-broadcast gameplay during the event.
Each team must select a designated streamer to share their gameplay feed with the broadcast team of UPA.
When selecting a designated streamer, select someone who streams from a PC using a capture card, as well as having a strong internet connection. Minimum broadcasting quality is 720p, 1080p is recommended.Gameplay feeds sent to UPA must be void of all overlays including text, camera and donor/subscriber/follow notifications. Failure to comply may result in consequences determined by UPA league operations. If unable to meet any of these requirements, teams must notify UPA at least 12 hours prior to tipoff.
Audio of gameplay feeds must be void of all voice communications unless otherwise directed by a member of UPA. In-game volume will be adjusted as follows:
PA Vol: 0
Sound Effects Vol: 100
Crowd Vol: 80
Player Chatter Vol: 85
2K Beats Menu Music Vol: 0
Failure to comply may result in consequences determined by UPA league operations.
Teams are expected to join a discord channel provided by a member of the UPA broadcast team. Teams will use the discord for team communication. Teams will join discord no later than 15 minutes before tipoff. UPA reserves the right to access and broadcast discord audio at any time during the event. If unable to meet any of these expectations, teams must notify UPA at least 12 hours prior to tipoff.*
Designated streamers will be compensated for Sharing their gameplay feed with the UPA broadcast team. Compensation may be forfeited at any time if UPA determines that the streamer has intentionally provided a poor quality feed, disrupted the feed or applied overlays.
These standards are subject to changes at anytime at the discretion of the UPA.